Easiest Ever Fennel Tomato Sauce
Prep time: 30 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 40 Min
- 4 clove(s) Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 tsp Fennel seed (crushed)
- 1 tsp Hot pepper (chili) flakes
- 1 can(28oz) Crushed tomatoes canned (organic)
- 6 leaf Basil, fresh
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 dash Black pepper (or more, depending on preference)
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Toss in garlic, fennel seeds, chili flakes and allow the spices to just warm up for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and fill can half full with water, swirling to rinse out tomato and add to the pot with vinegar and sugar.
- Tear basil in smaller pieces and stir into sauce.
- Cover and gently simmer 30 minutes, add more water if needed.
- Taste for seasoning and serve.
- Pour this sauce with your favorite Bentilia superfood pasta.