One Pot Baked Ziti
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 35 MinTotal time: 40 Min
- 1/2 pound of mushrooms of your choice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves but add it at the end)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces Bentilia's Zimmunity ziti pasta
- 1/3 cup half and half (or coconut milk cream)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or vegan cheese)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or vegan substitute)
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Add olive oil to a deep, 12-inch or larger oven-safe or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms until cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the dried basil and oregano. Stir well. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the water and dry pasta. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a low boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the half and half or coconut milk, parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with love and enjoy!!!
Did you make this recipe?