Umami Charged Green Lentil Macaroni
by Ashley Contreras on September 09, 2020
Prep time: 20 MinTotal time: 20 Min
- 1 pack of Bentilia Green Lentil Macaroni (227g)
- 6 oz. shiitake mushroom
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 2 tsp. Yondu
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Preheat oven broiler to high.
- Cut off the mushroom stems and wash thoroughly in cold water to clean and hydrate before thinly slicing.
- Place mushrooms and cherry tomatoes on a sheet tray and broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile cook Bentilia macaroni in boiling water for 10 minutes; reserving some cooking water before draining.
- Put drained pasta back in the pot and mix in broiled vegetables, almond butter, Yondu and some pasta cooking water. Stir well until smooth and creamy and serve topped with fresh basil.
Notes/tips: The water of cooking Bentilia pasta is rich and flavorful, almost like a broth. Adding a few drops will make your dish more saucy and delicious
Mushrooms and tomatoes are among the richest vegetables in Umami. Yondu will boost their natural flavor to the next level while keeping sodium under control.
Yondu (Umami All-Purpose Seasoning):
Did you make this recipe?
on instagram and hashtag it #ICantBelieveItsNotGluten